Oppenheimer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oppenheimer

www.myspace.com/oppenheimer

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

They Might Be Giants USA tour....

Go down 
+11
db2rider
LSK
kimbalea
howie999
Waltz
Solasis
biffenheimer
kytat
bluflower
Sara
Admin
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2006-12-28

They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Empty
PostSubject: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 5:09 am

Here are the tour dates for the USA tour.
It starts next week!

12 Sep 2007 Rams Head Live Baltimore, MD
13 Sep 2007 State Theatre State College, PA
15 Sep 2007 The Pageant Saint Louis, MO
17 Sep 2007 First Avenue Minneapolis, MN
18 Sep 2007 Union Memorial Ballroom Iowa City, IA
20 Sep 2007 Boulder Theatre Boulder, CO
21 Sep 2007 The Depot Salt Lake City, UT
22 Sep 2007 Egyptian Theatre Boise, ID
23 Sep 2007 U.C. Ballroom Missoula, MT
25 Sep 2007 Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, BC
27 Sep 2007 Roseland Theatre Portland, OR
28 Sep 2007 Empire Events Center Sacramento, CA
29 Sep 2007 Rio Theatre Santa Cruz, CA
30 Sep 2007 The Fillmore San Francisco, CA
2 Oct 2007 Ventura Theatre Ventura, CA
3 Oct 2007 The Avalon w/TMBG Los Angeles, CA
4 Oct 2007 House Of Blues San Diego, CA
5 Oct 2007 House Of Blues Anaheim, CA
6 Oct 2007 Rialto Theatre Tucson, AZ
7 Oct 2007 Santa Fe Brewing Co. Santa Fe, NM
8 Oct 2007 Silverlake Lounge** Los Angeles, CA
18 Oct 2007 Toad’s Place New Haven, CT
20 Oct 2007 Calvin Theatre Northampton, MA
24 Oct 2007 Toad’s Place Richmond, VA
25 Oct 2007 Norva Center Norfolk, VA
26 Oct 2007 Carolina Theatre Durham, NC
27 Oct 2007 Orange Peel Ashville, NC
28 Oct 2007 Neighborhood Theatre Charlotte, NC
30 Oct 2007 The Handlebar Greenville, NC
31 Oct 2007 Music Farm Charleston, SC
1 Nov 2007 Georgia Theatre Athens, GA
2 Nov 2007 Variety Playhouse Atlanta, GA
3 Nov 2007 Exit In Nashville, TN
4 Nov 2007 Newby’s Memphis, TN
6 Nov 2007 LIVE ON WOXY 4.pm** WOXY.COM
6 Nov 2007 Southgate House Newport, KY
7 Nov 2007 Newport Music Hall Columbus, OH
8 Nov 2007 The Vogue Idianapolis, IN
9 Nov 2007 Turner Hall Milwaukee, WN
10 Nov 2007 Vic Theatre Chicago, IL
13 Nov 2007 Intersection Grand Rapids, MI
14 Nov 2007 Michigan Theatre Ann Arbor, MI
15 Nov 2007 Mr. Smalls Pittsburgh, PA
16 Nov 2007 Town Ballroom Buffalo, NY
17 Nov 2007 CaseWestern Reserve U Cleveland, OH
23 Nov 2007 9.30 Club Washington DC
24 Nov 2007 Theatre of Living Arts Philadelphia, PA

** - No Giants.
Back to top Go down
https://oppenheimer.forumotion.com
Sara

Sara

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2006-12-30

PostSubject: Well deserved   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 2:09 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

cheers cheers cheers

Hugs,
Sara
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/aboutsaraculler
bluflower

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-12-30

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:09 am

I saw the first night in Baltimore! great show, tmbg fans were receptive (and really polite too) and most around me were into it. I hope the rest of the tour goes well.

safe travels!! flower

lauree
Back to top Go down
kytat

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-09-16

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:38 am

WE LOVED YOU ! In Saint Louis. IT was an awesome concert.
Back to top Go down
biffenheimer

biffenheimer

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 10:57 am

i saw you with TMBG in St Louis on Saturday, & now i'm hooked! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://tmbgtalk.1.forumer.com/
Solasis

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:53 am

I just saw you guys in Boulder. I was the guy with the hat. You flippin' rocked. I've recommended you to my Livejournal F-List, but it was kind of a long entry. Most of the reason was the Twin Peaks song. Do more like that. You know, sheer awesome.
Back to top Go down
Waltz

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: US tour Portland OR   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 7:16 pm

I caught you guys in Portland, OR last night. Amazing show! Great music. I was so impressed I bought the album on iTunes this morning and am telling everyone I know to check Oppenheimer out.

One suggestion: maybe a longer air horn solo

Great show, I hope you enjoy the rest of your tour.
Back to top Go down
howie999

Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 1:39 am

Simply amazing, Rocky and Shaun. If TMBG weren't on their A game tonight in San Diego, you would have stole the show from them! Your music is great. May your success be great as well!

From the "old" grey-haired guy in San Diego.
Back to top Go down
kimbalea

Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 10:46 am

You completely charmed me last night at SGH at the "Mansion". Music was incredible, stage presence FUN!

I just watched a movie about Robert Moog and am an old woman growing up going to synth rich shows of the 70's. I loved Rocky the Robot's work with the synth's. Plus, you both seemed quite into your performance, nothing looked mechanical. Smile Most importantly for the first time in a while, I saw the whole room moving and enjoying the music. Not just standing and stoiclly taking it in!

Keep up the great work! Loved the airhorns! A must get cd for me!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 3:46 pm

thank you! it's really amazing to get the chance to play to people who get what we're doing, and where we coming from,
The Moog movie is great... we got to visit the factory last week,
i've been talking about it everywhere!
Rocky.
Back to top Go down
LSK

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-11-11

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 2:04 pm

I found out about Oppenheimer by discovering they were opening for TMBG, then listening to the Breakfast in NYC and Saturday Night music videos several times on YouTube on the days leading up the the concert, to the point that I was more excited to see Oppenheimer live than TMBG.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:11 pm

I Can't believe we're getting into the last 2 weeks of the tour!
It seemed like it was going to last forever when I saw all the dates,
but it's really flying by.
I've been having a great time in every city.

Rocky.
Back to top Go down
db2rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: new find   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 12:54 am

I have been learning about Oppenheimer quite a bit lately. I saw you guys for the 1st time last week opening up for TMBG. I traveled 3 hours to Nashville to get there only to find out that there were no tickets left. I lucked out and found a girl selling hers after being denied access to the show due to lack of her ID. At least I didn't let the ticket got to waste! I rarely get interested enough to listen to the entire show of the opening act, much less actually buy a CD of theirs, but this was one of those rare occasions. I was blown away at the complete and full sound that two musicians can create. The sound reminded me of the great alternative UK music I listened to a decade ago but haven't heard much recently. way to go Oppenheimer. Hope you travel back somewhere near Alabama again sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Oppenkitten

Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Best Band Ever!!!   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 5:55 pm

I was blown away by the show in Salt Lake City a few months ago. I really feel like Oppenheimer is one of the most entertaining bands I have ever seen, and the cd is AMAZING!!! I can't wait to see them again...

Please guys, come back to SLC!!!
Back to top Go down
mikoyan29

Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 9:47 am

I saw you guys at the They Might Be Giants show last night in Ann Arbor. Never heard of you guys before that and I must say that I was pretty pleased to hear you guys. Ended up buying the CD last. Thanks for signing it. Listened to it when I got home and the studio version of you sounds just as good as the live version.

Can't wait for the next release.
Back to top Go down
db2rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-12

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 1:25 am

In Nashville you guys told us about a show where only one guy named Dave showed up and ended up on stage with you guys. Did you ever run into Dave again?
BTW, the show was great!
Back to top Go down
SRM

Registration date : 2007-11-26

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:06 am

Saw you guys at TMBG show in Philly on Saturday--great stuff! I had no idea what to expect, but found myself having a serious vocoder blast. I now have the CD...are there any live recordings of "Saturday Looks Bad To Me"? It's great on the recording, but the "pop pop music..." stuff had even more punch at the show!
Back to top Go down
ThomperYT

Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:44 pm

SRM wrote:
Saw you guys at TMBG show in Philly on Saturday--great stuff! I had no idea what to expect, but found myself having a serious vocoder blast. I now have the CD...are there any live recordings of "Saturday Looks Bad To Me"? It's great on the recording, but the "pop pop music..." stuff had even more punch at the show!

Agree whole heartedly - The Live show was intense. I caught the HOB show in San Diego. As with some other people here I headed straight to the table in the back and picked up a CD, a rarety for me at most shows.
The CD is studio crisp, but it's something about the "in the moment" Live shows that cary the music farther than my shitty headphones.

I'll get my fix next time your back in California. Thanks for a great show.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:52 am

I'm thinking about doing something live in the next couple of months.
in the meantime, we recorded live sessions for
woxy.com and daytrotter.com when we were out on our adventures with TMBG last year!

Not to blatently plug the new album - but we spent a long time making sure it sounded as punchy as the live show - hitting more things a lot harder for weeks and months on end... there's a few songs on the myspace -
www.myspace.com/oppenheimer

We can't wait to get back to California!!!

Rocky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They Might Be Giants USA tour....   They Might Be Giants USA tour.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They Might Be Giants USA tour....
Page 1 of 1